Tel: +32 16 321088
INTERESTS AND EXPERTISE
- Project management of the MICAS group
- EDA software and technology nodes support
- IT infrastructure manager
Ben Geeraerts was born in Bonheiden, Belgium, in 1967.
In 1990 he received the degree of M.S. in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. The subject of his Master thesis was on the design of data-acquisition systems for electrical impedance tomography.
From 1990 up to 1998 he was a research assistant at the MICAS laboratories of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
rom 1999 up to 2004 he was working as the MICAS System Manager.
From 2005 up to the present he is the Project Manager for the MICAS group.
Past research activities include:
- Data-acquisition systems for new sensor structures
- Electro-thermal circuit design
- Electrical Impedance Tomography systems
- Biomedical implantable devices
IT (Articles in internationally reviewed journals)
- Goris J., Dejonghe W., Falsen E., De Clerck E., Geeraerts B., Willems A., Top E., Vandamme P., De Vos P., "Diversity of transconjugants that acquired plasmid pJP4 or pEMT1 after inoculation of a donor strain in the A- and B-horizon of an agricultural soil and description of Burkholderia hospita sp. nov. and Burkholderia terricola sp. nov," in Systematic and applied microbiology., vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 340-52, 2002.
- Van Petegem W., Geeraerts B., Sansen W., Graindourze B., "Electro-Thermal Simulation and Design of Integrated Circuits," in IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 143-146, 1994.
- Van Petegem W., Geeraerts B., Dehaene W., Steyaert M., Sansen W., "An open system for EIT reconstruction algorithms," in IEEE Engineering In Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS), vol. 14, pp. 1698-1699, 1992.
IC (Papers at international conferences and symposia, published in full in proceedings)
- Geeraerts B., Jansen M., Puers R., "A new implantable microprocessor-controlled long distance telemetric device for continuous monitoring of animal activity and temperature." in Proceedings of International Symposium on Biotelemetry, pp. 225-230, Marburg, Germany, 1998.
- Geeraerts B., Jansen M., Puers R., "A new implantable microprocessor controlled long distance telemetric device for continuous monitoring of animal activity and temperature." in Proceedings of International Symposium on Biotelemetry, Marburg, Germany, 1997.
- Geeraerts B., Sansen W., "MOSIS: a moisture sensor structure and interfacing system for the on-line measuring of the moisture content of plaster cardboard plates." in Proceedings of IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 313-318, Brussels, Belgium, 1996.
- Van Petegem W., Geeraerts B., Sansen W., "Electrothermal simulation of analogue integrated circuits with ETS." in Proceedings of Eurotherm Seminar n° 48: Pool Boiling Heat Transfer 2, Paderborn, Germany, 1996.
- Geeraerts B., Sansen W., "A capacitive fringing field moisture sensor for the on-line moisture content measuring system MOSIS." in Proceedings of Eurosensors, pp. 1481-1484, Leuven, Belgium, 1996.
- Geeraerts B., Van Petegem W., Sansen W., "Thermal measurements by use of a SBIMOS diode matrix." in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Microelectronic Test Structures, pp. 183-187, Barcelona, Spain, 1993.
- Geeraerts B., Van Petegem W., Sansen W., "A BIMOS diode matrix for the characterization of static and transient thermal phenomena on silicon." in Proceedings of IEE Semiconductor Thermal Measurement and Management Symposium, pp. 108-111, Austin, USA, 1993.
- Geeraerts B., Van Petegem W., Dehaene W., Steyaert M., Sansen W., "Voltage versus current driven high frequency EIT Sytems." in Proceedings of IEEE Engineering In Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS), pp. 1703-1704, 1992.
- Sansen W., Geeraerts B., Van Petegem W., Steyaert M., "Electrical impedance tomography systems based on voltage drive." pp. 39-42, 1992.