About the Propagation GroupSmall history:
The propagation activities started in 1994 with outdoor coverage computations for the radars of Belgocontrol and for trunking communication systems.
The Propagation Group is a part of the TELEMIC (TELEcommunications and MICrowaves) research group at the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT) of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium.
Main research goals:
- To predict as accurately as possible the propagation of electromagnetic waves
- Essentially in buildings, but also for outdoor applications (including ionospheric propagation and ground penetrating radar)
- For this purpose a planning tool (EPICS) has been developed.
- Compensation of the effects of propagation with:
- Antenna diversity
- Adaptive and Smart antennas
For the research activities, financial support is acknowledged of the K.U.Leuven, FWO, IWT, Belgocontrol, the European Community & the European Science Foundation (COST IC1004, COST 2100, COST 273, COST 259, COST 231), and ESA-ESTEC. Support is also acknowledged from the companies Opel Belgium, Acunia (former Smartmove, now part of Punch), SAIT-Radio Holland, Tractebel (Electrabel), SPE, WVEM, Haecon, Totalfina Elf, C-Power, and the "ScheldeRadarKeten" (SRK).
Slide shows in pdf format: