- COSIC-developed mobile authentication technology nextAuth acquired by itsmeitsme®, the Belgian identity app that is currently being used by nearly 7 million Belgians, has acquired the Leuven-based company nextAuth. NextAuth, which specializes in highly advanced cryptography, is a spin-off of KU Leuven and imec and originated in COSIC. “We are often asked questions about the difference between nextAuth and itsme®. Our answer has ...
- Kinderuniversiteit 2023On 14th October COSIC presented crypto games for children at the Kinderuniversiteit 2023. The visitors could decipher a secret message via various educational games, with a reward from the treasure box at the end. Kinderuniversiteit program Photo credit: Geert Vanden Wijngaert
- Cybersecurity: Strategic Research & Industry Impact” dayCOSIC gave six demos on ground-breaking research at the “Cybersecurity: Strategic Research & Industry Impact” day in Mechelen on 17th October 2023. Event website Presented demos by COSIC: Accelerating Computing on Encrypted Data Breaking a High-Profile Candidate Post-Quantum Crypto Algorithm: the SIDH-attack Bypassing Secure Boot on the SpaceX Starlink User Terminal Connecting Multi Party Computation (MPC) and ML for privacy-preserving heartbeat ...
Selection of Key Publications
- P. Kumar, D. Gosain, and C. Diaz, “On the Anonymity of Peer-To-Peer Network Anonymity Schemes Used by Cryptocurrencies” In Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS 2023), , Internet Society, pp. 18, 2023.
- W. Castryck, and T. Decru, “An efficient key recovery attack on SIDH” In Advances in Cryptology – EUROCRYPT 2023, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 14006, C. Hazay, and M. Stam (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 1-15, 2023.
- R. Geelen, I. Iliashenko, J. Kang, and F. Vercauteren, “On Polynomial Functions Modulo p^e and Faster Bootstrapping for Homomorphic Encryption” In Advances in Cryptology – EUROCRYPT 2023, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 14006, C. Hazay, and M. Stam (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 257-286, 2023.
- T. Yoshizawa, D. Singelée, J. Tobias Muehlberg, S. DELBRUEL, D. HUGHES, B. Preneel, and A. TAHERKORDI, “A Survey of Security and Privacy Issues in V2X Communication Systems”, ACM Computing Surveys 55(9), pp. 1-36, 2023.
- E. . Marquet, J. Moeyersons, E. Pohle, M. Van Kenhove, A. Abidin, and B. Volckaert, “Secure Key Management for Multi-Party Computation in MOZAIK” In Proceedings of IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops (SPW), , IEEE, pp. 133-140, 2023.
- J. D’Anvers, M. Van Beirendonck, and I. Verbauwhede, “Revisiting Higher-Order Masked Comparison for Lattice-Based Cryptography: Algorithms and Bit-Sliced Implementations“, IEEE Transactions on Computers 72(2), pp. 321-332, 2023.
- C. Carlet, E. Piccione, S. Andreoli, L. Budaghyan, S. Dhooghe, S. Petkova-Nikova, G. Petrides, and V. Rijmen, “An Optimal Universal Construction for the Threshold Implementation of Bijective S-boxes“, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 70( 1), pp. 16, 2023.
- R. Geelen, and F. Vercauteren, “Bootstrapping for BGV and BFV Revisited“, Journal of Cryptology 36(2), pp. 32, 2023.
- A. Bhati, E. Pohle, A. Abidin, E. Andreeva, and B. Preneel, “Let’s Go Eevee! A Friendly and Suitable Family of AEAD Modes for IoT-to-Cloud Secure Computation” In ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security – CCS 2023, , ACM, pp. 20, 2023.
- W. Castryck, M. Houben, S. Merz, M. Mula, S. van Buuren, and F. Vercauteren, “Weak instances of class group action based cryptography via self-pairings” In Advances in Cryptology – CRYPTO 2023, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, H. Handschuh, and A. Lysyanskaya (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 36, 2023.
- Y. Chen, W. Choi, and C. Lee, “Improved Multi-User Security Using the Squared-Ratio Method” In Advances in Cryptology – CRYPTO 2023, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, H. Handschuh, and A. Lysyanskaya (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 30, 2023
- C. Baum, L. Braun, C. Delpech de Saint Guilhem, M. Klooß, E. Orsini, L. Roy, and P. Scholl, “Publicly Verifiable Zero-Knowledge and Post-Quantum Signatures from VOLE-in-the-Head” In Advances in Cryptology – CRYPTO 2023, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, H. Handschuh, and A. Lysyanskaya (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 581-615, 2023.
- J. De Meulemeester, A. Purnal, L. Wouters, A. Beckers, and I. Verbauwhede, “SpectrEM: Exploiting Electromagnetic Emanations During Transient Execution” In 32 USENIX Security Symposium 2023, , Usenix, pp. 18, 2023.
Search this site
Recent blog posts
- LatinCrypt 2023: Privacy Preserving Edit Distance 19/10/2023
- SecAI 2023: Shortcomings of Ongoing Research 11/10/2023
- ESORICS 2023: Arithmetic Circuit Implementations of S-boxes for SKINNY and PHOTON in MPC 28/09/2023